Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Inspirational Reading!

Hello!

I had been wanting to get a running related book to kind of pump me up for the marathon. I didn't want a book focused on training because that's basically all in the books for this one. I was looking for something that would get me focused on the race and excited for it. I found a few that could have fit the bill, including Duel in the Sun and a collection of essays from Runner's World. In the end, however, I decided to go with that running cult classic, Once a Runner.


This is a pretty popular book in the running world, but I have never read it. Partially this is because I haven't really read many running related books. Also, the book was out of print for a number of years and it was very difficult to get your hands on a copy. They were selling for crazy prices on Ebay and our local library's copy was "Permanently Missing" (aka stolen and sold on Ebay for a crazy price). It is back in print now so I'm happy to take advantage. I'll do a book review when I'm finished. I'll need to be starting it soon, but I'm about 80 pages from the end of another book right now (The Other Queen) and I kind of want to finish that one up first. Luckily (luckily?) the trip to the marathon will be quite long so I guess I'll have some reading time in the car.

Happy Running!

Jen

No comments: