Sunday, January 17, 2010

New Blog!

Hello!

I've decided to start a running blog (and hopefully stick with it). I plan to mostly write about marathon training, racing, running nutrition, etc. But I reserve the right to digress. :)

My name is Jen and I am a Wisconsinite, marathoner, engineer and dog mom, among other things. I'm sure all of these things will come up in the future.

Currently I'm training for Grandma's Marathon in Duluth, MN on June 19th. Registration was on Thursday and so now I am officially in it. My last marathon was Lakefront in Milwaukee last October. Today I'm scheduled for a long run of 12 miles. It will be the longest I've run since Lakefront and it should be fun as long as I don't take a digger due to ice and hurt myself!

Ultimately, I need to qualify for the Boston Marathon. My first marathon (Chicago 2005) was actually my fastest at 3:49:04. So, I need to shave about 9 minutes off my PR. I realize that many have cut off much more time than this, but it's still quite a challenge. I'll explain my "marathons past" more thoroughly in the future. Right now, I need to get going and get ready for the run.

Happy Running!
Jen

No comments: