Saturday, November 13, 2010

Winter is here!

Hi!

So it seems that winter has finally arrived in Boulder. It finally actually got cold out and I'm kind of surprised at the amount of complaining that I've heard. Seriously people-it's November and there have been about three days so far where I've really needed a coat. These are people that probably have some sort of crazy hobby like cliff diving and yet they are troubled by temperatures below 40 degrees F. The temperature drop was pretty sudden though, and that probably contributes to everyone's unhappiness about it. We also set the clocks back last week and now it is dark so early. I can take the cold, but the darkness...ugh.

I actually had to pull out the tights for two runs this week. Today, however, was about 40 degrees midday and so I got to wear shorts again. Probably about 30 degrees F is my shorts to tights/pants transition point. The two runs this week were borderline. I was a bit overdressed, but I probably would have been chilly in shorts.

I got an exam back this week that I did very well on (well above the average) so that kind of made my week. Of course, my fluid mechanics exam last week was a different story, but anyway...

I missed running Tuesday and Wednesday this week due to fatigue, school and some amount of laziness. I had a great run this morning though and have high hopes for a decent "long" run tomorrow. I need to figure out a better long run path here. One of my favorite paths here is great in a lot of ways, but it runs out at about 3.5 miles. I prefer to be able to run half of the total distance out and then just turn around.

I'd like to run a winter half, but so far I haven't had any luck finding a local one. This seems a bit hard to believe, so hopefully something will pop up.

I only have a few more week of this semester and I am so looking forward to it being over. Winter break here I come!

Happy Running!

Jen

No comments: