Sunday, February 27, 2011

Boulder Spring Half

Hello!

I had a great weekend where I ended up bagging 23 miles total, including a 16 miler. That makes for the longest long run that I've done since Grandma's Marathon last June. All of this inspired me to finally sign up for the half marathon that I've been working towards. It is the Boulder Spring Half.

I'm very excited to finally run a race again. When it comes to long runs, I'll definitely be okay. Of course I did the 16 miler today and plan to do one more 16 and a 17 miler before the race. However, my overall run volume and speed work leave something to be desired. Since today was the last day of Febulous (the MarathonTalk competition), I signed up for Marchvellous. For Marchvellous, participants must choose a race distance and an estimated finish time. I chose 1:51:00 for a PR of 40ish seconds. I think that is possible. It may seem a bit strange to shoot for a PR at altitude on questionable training. However, I think my half PR is a bit soft. It's actually from a half I did two weeks before the Lakefront Marathon, so it really wasn't a race effort. It'll be great to finally get out there and really go for it for the first time in a long time.

Happy Running!
Jen

No comments: