Thursday, May 6, 2010

Short Update

Hi!

I'm still alive and training! Grandma's Marathon isn't too far off now. I'm definitely getting excited. I am very stressed and busy right now with trying to sell the house and planning a move to Colorado. I'm very excited though.

Training is going relatively well. I had a short but harrowing bout with plantar fasciitis. I think it was caused by some flats that I bought recently. Not running flats, just flats for work. With icing and avoiding those shoes, it seems to be resolving itself.

I have completed three 20-milers so far. One was very bad, one was good and one was fine, but during a downpour! I plan to do another 20 miler and probably a 22 miler before the race.

I have kind of veered off of the Pfitzinger plan. I just basically decided that I don't like doing a half marathon distance run in the middle of the week. It's just too much and I don't enjoy it anymore. I completely believe in the merits of the plan and I think it would probably suit me well if I didn't have to work for a living! But, the reality is that I am not yet able to be a lady of leisure. Therefore, I'm just trying to get a couple of mid-distance runs, a long run and some recovery runs each week.

I'm planning on running the Syttende Mai run as my next 20-miler. It is at a Norweigian festival in Stoughton. Stoughton is a community with a very strong Norweigian heritage. I've wanted to do this run for several years now, but it's never really worked out until now. I wonder if they'll have lefse and lutefisk at the finish line?

Anyway, that's all I've got for now!

Happy Running!

Jen

No comments: